Roasting Whole Pig Worksheet with out using a wired meat thermometer
Whole Pig Worksheet
1. Place Pig between the racks and tie using the 4 S-Hooks.
2. Place the Drip Pan inside the box.
3. Place the Double Racks with the Pig on top of the Drip Pan.
4. Cover the box with the ash pan and place the charcoal grid on top.
6. Once lit (20-25 minutes), spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
7. Cooking time starts right now ________________ (write down).
8. Add more charcoal after the Hour. You will add 3 more batches of charcoal in the following manner; 1 Hour, 1 Hour, 30 minutes
9. After the 3rd Hour, remove the ashes by lifting and shaking the charcoal grid and placing it on the long handles (old Style) or wire rack (new style aluminum legs).
10. Now flip the Pig over to crispy the skin of the Pig. This is easily done using our Patented Rack System; just grab the end of the rack to lift and slide as you pull upward to flip over.
11. Now, score the skin using a knife; this helps remove some of the fat and crispy the skin.
12. Cover the China Box again with the ash pan and charcoal grid, do not add any more charcoal.
13. After 20 minutes (model #1 Box) or 30 minutes (model #2 Box), take a peek by lifting the charcoal pan by one end only. You will continue doing this every 10 minutes until the skin is to your liking.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE CHINA BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE