Turkey Worksheet for the Model #3
1. Place Turkey on top of the rack breast down if cooking whole or skin down if cooking split. Add 2 cups of water to the drip tray; for extra flavor, you can add beer to or spices to the water, I personally like to add a half cup of our La Caja China Mojo Criollo.
2. Place Turkey inside the box, skin or breast down, attached the probe from the wired thermometer and run wire under short top frame.
3. Cover the roasting box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 5 lbs. of charcoal and light up.
5. Once lit (20 - 25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal tray.
6. Cooking time starts right now.
7. After 1 hour open the box by removing the ash pan and place it on top of the long handles.
8. Now flip the Turkey over, skin or breast side up and add 4 lbs. of charcoal.
Continue to add 4 lbs of charcoal every hour until you reach 175 f.
Note: If you like you can brush a mix of butter, garlic and say sauce over the turkey after you reach 175 f. Just open the box brush the mixture and cover again with the charcoal tray for an extra 10- 15 minutes.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE